Kata Master Athletic
Choose Your Options
Karate Gi, TOKAIDO Kata Master Athletic, WKF (Made in Pakistan)
This uniform is not for everyone! However, if you are looking for a first-class karate gi for kata competitions and championships, you will love the new Kata Master Athletic by Tokaido. The quality of the fabric specially developed for Kata leaves nothing to be desired. Thanks to the revised version of Team KI, the uniform fits even better and gives the competitor a distinctive charisma. An excellent Gi - designed by Kata athletes for Kata athletes.
- The cut was developed in coordination with Team Ki in person by the Japanese Kenichi Sato and Vice World Champion Ilja Smorguner.
- A Slim Fit Karategi that just fits perfectly: A tailored jacket featuring so called “smart shoulder cut” makes the suit look like a perfectly fitting business shirt in the upper body.
- The tight-fitting sleeves offer the possibility for officials and students to visualize the execution of the technique even better.
- The end seams of the sleeves are especially reinforced, which makes the suit fall when it is favorable and supports the optics.
- Innovative high-waist lacing for optimum leg-freeness with every movement.
- The pants has no outer seem for an unmarked look.
- The typical Japanese light blue cast of the fabric makes the Gi shine bright white in the headlights.
- The newly developed material has been optimized to underline every intensive technique with an impressive sound.
- The combination of cotton and polyester (70% cotton, 30% polyester) also reduced the weight of the suit for even higher jumps without compromising.
- A special eyecatcher is the large, traditional Japanese print on the inside of the jacket.
- Embroidered Tokaido logo on the chest, neck now also in the pants.
- WKF approved karate gi: can therefore be worn at all World Karate Championships.
- Low shrinkage rate of approx. 3%
- Delivered items: jacket, pants and a cool gym bag.
- Made in Pakistan under the supervision of TOKAIDO.
Click here for the Kata Master Athletic size chart to confirm that the uniform has the measurements you desire for a proper fit.
Tokaido Japan provides the highest quality embroidery in Japanese or English. No company can surpass the level of embroidery perfected by Tokaido. You may choose to embroider your style name and/or your personal name in the general locations designated in the uniform graphic. For Japanese text, please select from the pop up menus by clicking on the Kanji Style Names or the Names in Japanese Katakana below the field that you desire. If your Style or Name is not in the menu then use this Google Translate link https://translate.google.com/#en/ja/ to CREATE and then COPY and PASTE into the field(s) you desire. We will confirm that the translation is correct before production. If you prefer English/Roman letters, then type directly in the field(s) of your choice.
This item is ready to ship within one week without added embroidery or two weeks should you decide to customize it to your desire.
If you have any considerations you would like us to consider please write in the "Notes" box to let us know. You can also upload a document or picture.
Guys...Finally - the time has come! After many months of intense collaboration with Tokaido we are looking forward to present you the new ultimate Karate Gi for Kata. The “Kata Master Athletic” by Tokaido is truly amazing. For us it was very important to create a Kata Gi for all passionate Karate Athletes with high demands. The freedom of movement and the sound it offers are just awesome! Check it out ;) * * Link: https://www.dax-sports.com/en/4651/karate-gi-tokaido-kata-master-athletic-wkf?c=455 * * Music: 300 Violin Orchestra Fast Version No Copyright Free Music https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHEi... https://youtu.be/OAxXBH6SjZ0 * * * IG: https://www.instagram.com/ken_and_ilja/ Ilja's IG: https://www.instagram.com/ismorguner/ FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...
The Ultimate K...Guys...Finally - the time has come! After many months of inten...
Posted by Mario on 12th Dec 2023
This karategi says "quality" in each centimeter, really exceeded my expectations and I'm really satisfied with my purchase.
I'm no longer a competitor but it will look great during the exams application and special activities at the dojo.
TOKAIDO note: Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are happy to hear of your satisfaction and hope to serve you again.
Much more for your money than expected
Posted by JJ on 14th Apr 2023
I’m 6’7” and this karate gi #4 suits perfect. It is a 70% cotton and 30% polyester but the texture feels like 100% cotton but lighter so you will not feel the weight of a 100%. I live in the caribbean so the temperature in my Dojo is 85 degrees Fahrenheit but the Do-Gi dries up quickly. The hackama pants are great. The seams take care of every detail. I’ve been Sho Dan since 2000 and this is the best Do-Gi I’ve ever used.
TOKAIDO note: Thank you for your detailed review and we are happy to hear that it is qite comfortable for you in a hot climate. We look forward to serving you again.
Kata Master Athletic
Posted by Irene Aquino on 6th Mar 2023
Product is really made of high quality materials. Fast delivery and smooth transaction.
TOKAIDO note: Thank you for your review of our service. We look forward to serving you again.
Una excelente elección!!
Posted by Brian Salinas Rojas on 19th Jul 2022
Muy feliz con este Karategui, al tenerlo en mis manos se siente muy diferente al traje que adquiri por primera vez. Es una alta calidad, el color blanco japones, se nota la dedicación y profesionalismo en todos los detalles y confección del traje. Hace mucho tiempo que queria tener un Karategui mas profesional y hoy se me cumplio mi sueño. Sin duda no será el ultimo traje de Tokaido que tenga, asi que, mis queridos amigos de Tokaido, nos volveremos a contactar pronto.
Saludos desde Chile!!
Tokaido Nota: Gracias y esperamos poder servirle nuevamente.
Very Good Customer Care
Posted by Unknown on 1st Feb 2022
I had ordered the Kata Master ATHLETIC and received with one small tear in the stitching . I informed to customer service and they immediately arrange to send new replacement Gi without hesitation.
I am very satisfied with the product and customer service from TOKAIDO.
TOKAIDO note. Thank you for your review mentioning how TOKAIDO effectively deals with a TOKAIDO mistake. We hope to serve you again.
Great Gi, just what I wanted.
Posted by Chris Bonham on 2nd Oct 2021
I was looking for a competition Gi which was a lighter weight than my current Tokaido “Ultimate” Gi, my daughter has a Kata Master Athletic and I have been very impressed with the Gi.
But I am stocky and not over tall, 5ft9 and 46ich chest and struggle to get a Gi which fits across the chest/shoulders and is not too long in the leg, so I didn’t think a “Slim Fit” Kata Master Athletic would ever fit me, but I gave it a try and ordered a size 5.5/185cm Kata Master Athletic rather than a 175cm, and Tokaido custom shortened the legs for me by 5cm for approximately £7 and it fits perfectly, plenty of room around the chest and the leg length is just right.
Overall very impressed with the Gi and the service, just need competitions to restart after Covid.
One thing I would ask is when offering the length alterations, could you please specify the minimum alteration length then, it would save some time.
TOKAIDO note: Thank you for your comprehensive and very helpful review. We are sure if others read this it will help them decide.
Product is good
Posted by Chaminda Nawarathna on 2nd Sep 2020
I have excepted Made in Japan products but I got made in Pakistan.
TOKAIDO note... We apologize that it was not clear that this and all TOKAIDO WKF uniforms are not made in Japan. We will make sure that this is clear in the future. We are happy that you have arked that the "Product is good".
This Gi is Perfect
Posted by Darren on 8th Aug 2020
This is my first Tokaido Gi - and it came exactly as anticipated. Fit is different than what I have used in the past, which is what I was looking for. The material has excellent "snap", and I love the long jacket. These are my first high waisted bottoms, and I wanted something different - it took getting use too - but very happy overall. It wont be my last Tokaido product - thanks guys!
TOKAIDO note... Thank you and we look forward to serving you well into the future.
Warming up to it after a few training sessions
Posted by RTLeite on 12th Jul 2020
I was initially very skeptical about the Kata Master Athletic Gi mainly because of its unconventional pants. After about half a dozen lessons, I would like to share that my overall impression has improved considerably.
- High-quality material that is middle weight but feels like, looks like and snaps like heavyweight canvas. The traditional Tokaido blue hue is definitely there.
- Usual Tokaido craftsmanship. It is a real Tokaido Gi.
- Jacket looks GREAT, but beware that you have to be in good shape. If you are planning on purchasing this gi and you are still carrying a few extra pounds from last year's Thanksgiving, start those planks now.
- Great competition day gi, but also very good for training.
- Jacket design is trim around the stomach, but opens up around the chest, hence still allowing for free-flow moves. Looks like it is tailor made.
- The synthetic fabric on the upper back - that is where you find the traditional Japanese print as seen in the product description - feels great as it further improves the freedom of movement and wicks away sweat.
- I still find it hard to wrap my head around the design of those pants - oh those pants... They do not feel bad per se. Actually, they allow for great freedom of movement, but they do look like bell bottom pants of the 70's. If you are into traditional Japanese martial arts such as kendo, you may actually like them. They are just not for me.
Constructive feedback for Tokaido: As a long time customer and fan, I suggest you should offer this gi with the option to get the pants of one of your original gis, e.g. the TSA. That would be a true winner for fans of a more traditional karate-gi design.
TOKAIDo Note: Thank you for what is probably the most thoughtful review we have received so far.
Great for athletic build
Posted by Brandon on 12th Oct 2019
Wonderful gi. I have a very athletic male build (broad shoulders and chest, big thighs and glutes, thin waist) and this gi gives me excellent freedom of movement without being baggy. The material is lighter and does not seem as durable as my traditional 10 canvas gi, but the stitching and construction is everything you expect from Tokaido.
TOKAIDO note: Thank you for your comprehensive review.